Irrigation Management and Development
Welcome to this online course on irrigation management and development! I am glad that you chose to follow this course on a fascinating topic!
In this part you will find details on the course objectives and structure. You can read all about each topic by clinking on the drop-down menu's below.
Upon completion of this module, participants are able to:
1. Analyse the relevance and basic principles of irrigation management;
2. Evaluate the consequences of management choices on the use and users of water resources in irrigation systems;
3. Apply irrigation management theory to irrigation interventions.
The topics of this course include:
1. Relevance of irrigation management: common pool resources,
2. Irrigation as socio-technical systems: how technology is social, links between society, technology and institutions
3. Irrigation management tasks: water use and control.
4.. Interventions in irrigation systems: irrigation as property creating process,
This set of course materials is limited as it is provided as OpenCourseWare without support and interaction with lecturers. For full lectures, and support from lecturers, please register online for one of the related course:
Online course on irrigation management and development
The online course takes 6 weeks to complete with a workload of 10 hours per week (2 EC). The materials are structured per topic. Each week will focus on one topic, except for weeks 3 and 4 that will deal with one topic. The last week will be dedicated to finalizing and presenting your assignment.
This course can be followed at your own pace.
No assessments are available for this open courseware.For further information on this course, please see: Online course on irrigation management and development.