Unit 5.2 System components and Design – part 2: Runoff computationExpected Study Load : 9 hours.
The main goal of this sub-unit is to provide an overview of the different approaches for estimating peak runoff for urban drainage network designs
This lecture will provide an understanding of the basic principles and knowledge on different approaches of estimating peak runoff for urban drainage network designs. Upon successful completion of this lecture, the participants will be able to:
- The different approaches for estimating peak runoff for urban drainage network designs
- Rational method of computing peak runoff and its application, assumptions and limitations
- Hydrograph method of estimating flow hydrographs for urban drainage network designs such as time area method, unit hydrograph method and kinematic wave method
Things to Do:
- Study the runoff computation part from the PDF document entitled “System components and Design - part 1" from unit 5.1.
- Watch the audio-lecture entitled "System components and Design - part 2: Runoff computation”.
- Submit assignment #9.