The full course on constructed wetlands for wastewater treatment can be followed in two different ways:
1. as online course, from September till December every year. More information here.
2. As a three weeks short course at IHE Institute for Water Education in Delft, The Netherlands. More information here.
The topics of the full course are:
Module 1 - Introduction to Constructed Wetlands
Module 2 - Basic principles
Module 3 - Design of constructed wetlands
Module 4 - Operation and maintenance
Module 5 - Case studies
Module 6 - Assignment
This present course material is provided as OpenCourseWare without support and interaction with lecturers.
The full course is longer and more advanced and also contains assignments and exercises. At the end of the course it is possible to sit for an exam and to get 5 ECTS credit points. The three weeks course in Delft also has field visits.
Target group: wastewater treatment professionals
The course is designed for professionals actively involved in wastewater treatment. They may be working in organisations responsible for waste water treatment. The target group is also those who have an interest in onsite wastewater treatment for small communities.
Upon completion of this course or module you are able to:
• assess the value of wetlands and explain the use of natural and constructed wetlands for the treatment of wastewater;
• describe the concept of wastewater treatment by wetlands;
• design and operate a wetland treatment system.
More information can be obtained from Dr. Hans van Bruggen