FAOIran:Spatial and temporal analysis
Watch this video to see how to navigate in this platform.
IntroductionThe training aims at developing skills in processing spatio-temporal datasets obtained by running PySEBAL to produce gap-free monthly maps.
By the end of training the participants will be able to:
- Explain theoretical framework and basic concepts of PySEBAL
- Run the PySEBAL model
- Analyse spatio-temporal data using scripting in command line
- Perform spatio-temporal gafilling procedure on PySEBAL outputs
- Introduction to remote sensing and PySEBAL
- Introduction to raster based spatio-temporal analysis
- Command line scripting to process spatio-temporal data
- Python based scripting to gap fill spatio-temporal data using Local Weighted Regression
QGIS 3.16, GRASS GIS 7.8, Python, Bash
Follow this link to install all the required software packages.
Senior Lecturer/researcher in Agricultural Water Management and remote Sensing
Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering
Sharif University of Technology
The training will contain several hands-on exercises. The participants are expected to have atleast 2 years of experience working with remote sensing and spatial data analysis. Priority should be given to those who have already attended trainings from IHE Delft especially on PySEBAL. All the datasets provided will be open access.
We acknowledge the funding granted by FAO-IRAN to IHE Delft and partners.
We recommend to follow the courses provided in GIS Opencourseware by IHE Delft to acquire required knowledge in GIS and spatial data analysis. These courses can be accessed with this link: https://courses.gisopencourseware.org/
You are free to use, re-use and redistribute the course materials for non-commercial purposes. Always include this line to attribute:The training materials related to "Spatio-temporal analysis for gap filling maps" by IHE Delft is licensed under CC By-NC 4.0
We are always interested on how the materials are re-used, so feel free to let us know.