Activity 1.2 Pre-design assessment
Online course development typically takes longer to develop than face-to-face course development because there is usually more media production, as well as more time spent on creating, testing, and troubleshooting the technology. To estimate your readiness, it is helpful to evaluate three particular areas:
- The readiness of face-to-face (F2F) course content
- Your experience with online teaching or learning
- Your perceptions of online learning
- Reflect on your readiness, experience and perceptions regarding online learning.
To help determine the scope of work that is needed to develop an online course:
1. Download and complete the following survey:
♦ Readiness Inventory (on the page that opens click on File > Download as to save the survey on your device)
2. After filling in the survey please submit it below. In the text field, include the title of the course you want to develop.
If you want to know more about this topic feel free to explore the Readiness Inventory page of the Digital Learning Toolkit website by the MIT Office of Digital Learning, licensed under CC BY 4.0.
Readiness Inventory complete and submitted by January 21, 23:59 (Amsterdam time).
If you have any general question about the activity please post it in the General Forum.