This tutorial explains how to create a hypsometric curve in QGIS
In this section we're going to create a curve from the data of the previous step.
1. Click the Open Data Source Manager iconand go to the Delimited Text tab.
2. Browse to the histogram_Rur_catchment_boundary_1.csv file. Under Geometry Definition choose No geometry (attribute only table). Click Add.
The table is now added to the Layers panel.
2. Click right on the table and choose Open Attribute Table and inspect the values. You can click on a field name to sort the rows.
If that looks okay, install the Data Plotly plugin.
3. In the main menu go to Plugins | Manage and install plugins...
4. Search for Data Plotly and install the plugin.
5. Close the dialogue after installation.
6. Click the icon to open the Data Plotly panel.
7. Choose for Plot type Scatter Plot. Choose histogram_Rur_catchment_boundary_1.csv as Layer. For X field choose Area and for Y field choose Elevation. For Marker type choose Points and Lines and reduce the Marker size to 7.
8. Click on and fill in the dialogue as in the figure below.
9. Click Create Plot.
Now you can see the Hypsometric Curve. With you can export the result to a .png file.