In this section you'll learn another way to visualise the longitudinal river profile. We're going to use the Profile tool plugin.
1. Install the Profile tool plugin.
2. Click the button to load the Profile tool panel.
3. Select the DEM in the Layers panel.
4. Choose Add Layer in the Profile tool panel.
5. Select the Rur_river_dissolved layer form the Layers panel.
6. In the Profile tool panel choose under Options for Selection the Selected layer.
The graph shows the profile. You can play around with the other settings and export the graph as a PNG or copy the table.